Monday 22 August 2011

Opeth - The Devil's Orchard



The progressive metal band Opeth is releasing a new album on the 15 of September.
Named "Heritage", I found a sound track on it that I wanted to play for u all.
It is a really mystified tune with a real progressive sound in it, love it.



Heritage will signal a departure for Opeth from the musical style of their past albums. Originally, the first two songs Mikael Åkerfeldt wrote for the album were in the style of Watershed, but he scrapped them soon after. After writing "The Lines in My Hands" and speaking with Martin Mendez, Åkerfeldt decided to write the rest of the album in that style.

Heritage will feature no death growls, which have been present on every Opeth album except Damnation. Unlike Damnation, however, the music will have a prominent fusion influence. The album's title track is influenced by Jan Johansson and Swedish folk music.



Åkerfeldt said in the album's press release:
“It will be our 10th album/observation. I dig it; we all do. In fact, it feels like I've been building up to write for and participate on an album like this since I was 19. It's quite intense at times in some 'old' murky way, and quite beautiful and stark at times, if I may say so myself. It's obvious I'm going to say nice things about it since I wrote, basically, the whole piece, but I guess it will raise a few eyebrows and it certainly is an acquired taste. I think you'll need a slightly deeper understanding of our music as a whole to be able to appreciate this record. I've realized my influences for this album are so diverse that I can't really say what it sounds like. If I can compare it to any other band, it would have to be Opeth, but it's different from the stuff we've done before. I've listened a lot to Alice Cooper for the last year, yet I can't say it sounds like No More Mr. Nice Guy. I hope you'll like it once you hear it."



The current members are:
Mikael Åkerfeldt on lead vocals, guitars
Martin Mendez on bass guitar
Martin "Axe" Axenrot on drums, percussion
Fredrik Åkesson on guitars, backing vocals

Lets hear it,

Peace, Thetania

2 comments:

Chief Rebel Angel said...

Ser så sjukt mycket fram´mot nya plattan att det är rent av larvigt.
Besatthet, here I come!

Thetania said...

Ja det ska bli spännande!
Se om den "Nya" rösten håller :p