Saturday 24 September 2011

M.I.A. - Born Free


Saturday, also Salary weekend as it so nicely put when for the coincidence is money in the account. Not that it wont take long before it is empty again.

Yesterday was Josh Groban on "Globen" a concert that I did not see very much of, what I heard it was pretty sleepy so in other words I missed probably nothing.

Today it's full speed ahead here in Stockholm, especially when we're talking concerts.

At Gyllene Cirkeln plays Trettioåriga Kriget where they will perform both the new album and the debut album from 1974 in its entirety. Very exciting.


At Debaser, where the club Pussy A Go-Go has a gathering where bands such as "Bombus", "Spiders" and "Gordon Fights" performs, there I was going to go tonight. Report on this will be after the weekend.


WWDIS organizes a musical evening on the Strand with the legend, ghostrider and one half of Suicide, the sunglasses adorned Martin Rev. He is also involved in today's tune!

Todays tune "Born Free" was written and produced by M.I.A. and co-produced by Switch. The song opens with a frantic rhythm built around a sample from 1977's "Ghost Rider" by the seminal synthpunk band Suicide. M.I.A., which stands for Missing In Action and is a play on her name, is an English singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, painter and music video director of Sri Lankan Tamil descent. Her compositions combine elements of hip-hop, electronica, dance, alternative and world music.



In 2011, NME ranked the video number thirteen on the list of the 100 Top Greatest Music Videos ever made.


M.I.A - BORN FREE VIDEO OFFICIAL (real and... by elnino

Late Show with David Letterman 7/13/2010 featuring Martin Rev on Keys!



More info @

Official M.I.A. Web
Official M.I.A. MySpace

spotifyListen to ”M.I.A. - Born Free" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

No comments: